Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Usability

Back during CeBIT 2007 in March me and a couple of friends ended up having a beer-fueled discussion about technology and usability, mainly with mobile phones and office software. Needless to say it was a good night!

The next day we had the idea to somehow channel our thoughts and feelings about usability into something more useful than another argument. So we discussed setting up a blog about all things usability in order to have a platform where we (and others) could dicuss various aspects of ICT usability.

Of course it never happened. We forgot, were too busy, whatever... We didn't go through with it.

Anyway, the other day my friend Igor from Vancouver (one of the finest geeks I've ever meet!) sent me the following e-mail:

"As it usually happens in the internet age, someone beat us to the idea and executed it better than we ever could =)

http://www.experientia.com/blog/

Complete with articles about old people, user centered design and so on....

Fine read

Igor"

After reading through some of the articles there I can only agree with him that this is significantly better than anything we could have ever produced. So if you're interested in usability then I'd definitely recommend you to check out that website!

For me it's back to the drawing table to come up with another new cool idea... Luckily I do believe that I might have thought of something cool while I was in the Gobi. But I still need significantly more time to think this through before I'm ready to discuss it. So don't stay tuned... ;-)

No comments: