Friday, August 8, 2008

Thrilled to be back to Vienna

Originally this post was supposed to be called Thrilled to go back to Vienna but that was last evening before I decided to spend half an hour watching the thunderstorm around me while enjoying some oustanding Peruvian rum instead of blogging...

Anyway, it's great to be back in Vienna, back at my flat, back at home. Of course first things first so when I got here I dropped my things and headed straight to the supermarket (not the one from the last post though;-) to grab the things I need for tonight: beer and pasta. It was funny to observe all the tiny details of the environment around here, the really small things that you never consciously remember or think of. But which strike you enough to notice them when you live in a neighborhood for some time. For example the weird clerk at aformentioned supermarket. The old Japanese guy who works at the Sushi place around the corner and who's normally drinking whenever I see him outside his restaurant (not today though). The small and somewhat odd wine-bar right next to my house where me and my flatmate have been meaning to go for the past 2 years but still haven't done so.

It's going to be a pretty social weekend for me and I'm really looking forward to meeting many of my friends again. However I will also set a couple of hours aside to get some work done, my to-do list, especially for olpc related stuff is quite packed for the weekend...

Hope you all have a great weekend. Cheers!

No comments: