Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Toying around with Windows Live Writer

Some of you might remember the issues I had when trying to install Windows Live Writer back in November 2007. Now I saw that a new version had been released so I’m giving this thing another shot.

This time ‘round installation worked smoothly and so I’ll be using Live Writer for the next couple of weeks to see how it goes.

The first impressions are certainly good: the UI is as clean as you get with Windows, the preview function is nice and quick, the tagging mechanism is quite quick too and while 37MB of memory usage seems quite a lot it’s still acceptable for this kind of tool. Plus in general I’m just excited to try out a stand-alone application instead of having to log into Blogger’s not-so-great backend…

Stay tuned for my thoughts on Live Writer and (hopefully) more blog posts in general over the coming days and weeks.

No comments: