Thursday, January 31, 2008

What to do, what to do...

Today during my breakfast (12 a.m.) I finished the last currently available Scrubs episode (S07E06). I managed to watch all the episodes starting from the very beginning since I got back to Vienna after the holidays. That's ~150 episodes in less than 4 weeks, quite impressive, ey?

And now I have no idea which series to move on to. During dinner I watched some Friends, but having seen most of the episodes at least 3 or 4 times it's simply not that entertaining anymore. At the same time it seems useless to wait for the next Scrubs or Aliens in America episodes due to the writer's strike in Hollywood. What to do, what to do?

At the moment I'm thinking about going back to watching "6 Feet Under" which I had previously seen during my first year here in Vienna, though I don't know how many seasons I watched back then.

It's weird, before moving to Vienna I hadn't watched any TV series for quite a long time (with the notable exception of Friends of course). I think the main reason why I started watching more stuff was that I was looking for some kind of routine while eating dinner. At the beginning I caught myself eating while working on the computer a couple of times and apart from the fact that I don't like spaghetti sauce on my keyboard it simply doesn't seem to make any sense. Dinner had been reduced to mere food consumption and I didn't like that. So to turn this into more of a ritual I started watching TV series while I was eating. And I haven't stopped since. I found it to be the perfect time for enjoying 20~40min episodes plus I noticed that it actually helped me to eat slower (which is also supposed to be healthier or so I hear).

Anyway, I guess I'll have to start looking for a new series because those weekly video-podcasts, Scrubs and Aliens in America updates won't keep me entertained for long.

And now I'm off to the Smashing Pumpkins concert! :-)

3 comments:

Wolfgang Nagele said...

i'd suggest to take a look at boston legal and/or house m.d. - though they're not daily.

Anonymous said...

look at what thomas has to say
http://www.eloquentin.net/wordpress/index.php/category/tv-series-television-tv-shows/

ChristophD said...

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'll probably look into House, M.D., as many people seem to like it.

From that extensive list on that other blog I'll take another look at Family Guy. Have watched a couple of episodes before but I never quite got into the series.