Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Welcome to Google App Engine

Last Friday I received an e-mail informing me that my account had be set up for Google App Engine. In Google's own words:
"Google App Engine enables you to build web applications on the same scalable systems that power Google applications."
Sounds good, right?

Anyway, after watching this series of videos on YouTube I thought I'd give it a try. While I'm certainly not a Web 2.0 kinda guy I have followed the developments when it comes to Web services and applications quite closely. So I figure this time 'round I can actually get down into the trenches myself and do some coding. Obviously I have something OLPC-related in mind but I'm not quite ready to reveal what ideas my brain is crunching these days. I'd love to try and hack together a simple prototype right now but I'm too tired already but I hope to get something up and running tomorrow.

At the same time I'm currently working on several aspects of our OLPC Activity Handbook where I've also made some progress over the last few weeks and things will be coming together nicely over the coming days.

But now, sleep.

No comments: