Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Latest "bridges" articles online

Back at the beginning of May I posted about my interview with Whozat? co-founder Alex Bäcker which appeared in bridges, the quarterly online-publication by the Office of Science & Technology. Yesterday, which was my last day of my internship there, we still worked a lot to finish the June edition which went live earlier today.

This time 'round I contributed two articles:

One Laptop per Child - from a Vision to a Global Effort
(also available as a podcast)
Since its kick-off in 2005, Nicholas Negroponte's brainchild "One Laptop per Child" has come a long way - and into the classrooms of developing countries, from Kathmandu in Nepal to the Peruvian Andes.
Introducing Harald Kling – Collaboration Across the Big Pond
The Erwin-Schroedinger fellow spends a 16-month research stay at the Department of Hydrology and Water Resources at the University of Arizona, working on flood prediction and the impact of land use on water resources models.
I really enjoyed the process of writing these articles. Especially when finalizing the texts the feedback and input I got from other team-members and external contractors such as our copy-editor was invaluable and excelled me to produce what I consider some of my best writing to date.

No comments: